Thursday, July 10, 2008

#24 Green Pear on Orange and Gold; New Daily Painting a Day from Nathalie S Davis

# 24 Green Pear on Ornage and Gold - New Daily Oil Painting a Day
Oil on canvasboard
6" x 6"
(approx. 15.24 x 15.24 cm)

This painting is from life (as almost all of mine are). I had to work very quickly because I had my spot light very close to the pear and it was "cooking" it really fast, causing it to change colors! This was painted on a canvas board that I prepared with a metallic gold paint. You really can't see it very well in this photo, and I can't seem to be able to photograph it so it shows up and makes sense. The very light yellow and white areas in the background are some of the gold. The gold is very subtle and only really shows in little spots here and there, mostly around the edges and in the background. It was fun, and I want to do more. I hope you like it.

Available for purchase
See My eBay Store

also visit my other store

www.nsdavisart.ecrater.com

No comments: